Miccro XP-2000LR - available at CDI in Buffalo, NY
Peelable stop-off formulated specifically for electroless nickel, hard coat anodizing and chemical milling. Dip or brush from the shipping container.
Miccro XP-2000LR is a butyl rubber compound suitable for use in the following cycles:
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Chemical Milling
- Hard Coat Anodizing
- Acid Solutions in General
- Color: Red
- Viscosity: 5000-6000 cps
- Coverage Rate: Approximately 130 square feet (12 m2) per gallon, 12 mil dry film.
- Weight per Gallon: 7.90 pounds / gallon
- Flashpoint: 24° F. TCC
- XP-2000LR is available in: 1, 5, and 55 gallon containers.
- XP-2000LR should be stirred prior to usage and periodically if not used for extended periods of time.
- Chemically and/or mechanically clean the area of the part to be masked. The area to be masked must be free of all dirt, oil or other contaminants.
Cleaning is the most critical aspect of the masking procedure.
- Apply XP-2000LR to the area to be masked by dipping or brushing. For reducing XP-2000LR, use XP-2000LR Reducer only.
- Apply a minimum of two coats depending upon the type of plating / chemical solution and / or length of processing time in solution.
Allow at least 30 minutes of air-dry time between coats and overnight air-dry time after application of final coat before introduction into solution.
Faster drying of XP-2000LR can be accomplished by force-drying for 15 minutes in an oven not exceeding 140° F or over a hot plate not exceeding
140° F for 15 minutes. Drying over a hot plate is preferable to oven drying. Drying time will vary according to relative humidity.
NOTE: Make sure XP-2000LR has lost all solvent odor before force drying or applying additional coats.
- XP-2000LR will not withstand extended periods in hot alkaline solutions. Two (2) minutes is the maximum time permitted.
- XP-2000LR can normally be peeled from the part after use if the part is warm. For mass stripping or removal from recessed areas, use:
- XP-2000LR Reducer
- MiccroStrip A
Miccro XP-2000LR instruction sheet:
The information supplied above is offered as a service to our customers, and does not relieve the customer from their responsibility to determine the
suitability of a particular chemical to their specific purpose. Actual product specifications may vary slightly. Please contact CDI for information prior