CDI Corporate Sustainability Statement
For more than 50 years Chemical Distributors, Incorporated has been dedicated to meeting the needs of the present without compromise to the future. This commitment includes promoting economic growth in a safe, secure and environmentally responsible manner.
We accomplish these goals by integrating quality, security, environmental, health and safety into our management processes. We embrace The Responsible Distribution Process and the Guiding Principles of the National Association of Chemical Distributors of which we are a member company.
Customer and employee satisfaction, commitment to excellence, integrity, environmental stewardship and a safe workplace are the hallmarks of our culture.
Some examples of our commitment to sustainability include:
- Being an Energy Star Partner by purchasing qualified, high efficiency equipment
- Participating with the New York State Energy Research Development Agency in its energy efficiency initiatives
- Recycling of all facility paper and cardboard products
- Promotion of Earth Day awareness amongst our employees through various activities at the facility
- Encourage the substitution of "Green Chemistry" to our customers wherever possible
- Incorporating eco-friendly packaging options to reduce waste
- Examining shipping routes for fuel consumption
- Pro-actively complying with all applicable regulations including those of the Occupational, Safety and Health Administration, The Environmental Protection Agency, The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, The Department of Labor, The Department of Transportation and the Department of Homeland Security