Equipment Overview | Filter Pump Industries / Penguin Pump | Process Technology
XC Series, Inline Fluoropolymer Heat Exchanger
Rugged inline heat exchangers ideal for one pass cooling of chemicals dumping to waste stream. This product is also appropriate for heating applications. Eliminates high costs associated with water aspiration.
PP or PVDF housing and fluoropolymer tubing. Custom configured for your application. Custom sizes available, please contact factory for sizing assistance. XC in-line heat exchanger shown (cutaway for illustrative purposes).
- In-line chemical heat exchanger with all fluoropolymer wetted surfaces (tubing side) for virtually any wet chemistry application.
- 1.5 ft2 (.14m2) of exchange area
- 2.5 ft2 (.23m2) of exchange area
- 3.5 ft2 (.33m2) of exchange area
- ½-inch (12mm) heavy wall PFA tubing, .030” (.76mm) thick
- All welded construction (shell)
- 4½-inch (114mm) diameter polypropylene shell
- Internally baffled for enhanced heat exchanger performance
- “U” factor (depending on flow rate): 25-50 BTU/(hr x ft2 x °F) = 142-284 J/(s x m2 x °C)
- Shell-side drain connection
MAXIMUM PRESSURE / TEMPERATURE:
- Fluid (tube): ½-inch (12mm) male flare PFA
- Shell: ¾-inch (19mm) male flare PFA
- Shell drain: ¼-inch (6mm) male flare PFA
- Tube (PFA): 35 PSIG (241 kPa) at 120ºC (250ºF)
- Shell (PP): 30 PSIG (206 kPa) at 82ºC (180ºF)
- Optional shell (PVDF): 30 PSIG (206 kPa) at 135ºC (275ºF)
Features and Benefits
SUPERIOR CHEMICAL RESISTANCE:
- All tube-side parts are fluoropolymer and compatible with most chemistries for virtually unlimited process options. Shell is available in polypropylene (standard) or PVDF construction.
- Thick wall, welded construction provides extremely long service life.
- Heavy wall, large diameter tubing improves circulation and minimizes pressure drop.
- Integral inlet/outlet for single point fluid connections simplifies installation and greatly reduces the potential for chemical leaks.
CONSULT FACTORY FOR THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS:
- Less surface area required for same BTU exchange compared to most other fluoropolymer exchangers.
- ¼-inch (6.4mm) to ¾-inch (19mm) Super Pillar 300 Type® connections
- Custom sizes based on application
- PVDF shell
- Vacuum breakers are recommended for steam heating applications. Please consult factory for reduced pressure steam applications. Pulsation dampeners recommended.
Heat exchanger accessories