MiccroWax C-562 - available at CDI in Buffalo, NY
A Reusable Coating for Hard Chrome Plating.
- MiccroWax is a single-material wax for selective stop-off that is especially suited for masking on complicated parts and sharp edges.
- MiccroWax will not crack, and may be readily melted for use by any common heating medium.
- MiccroWax shows a remarkable degree of adhesion, even when used on flat surfaces. It requires no prime coat before application
which means only one dip tank is necessary for the complete operation.
- MiccroWax hardens immediately after the part is dipped, thereby minimizing preparation time and speeding production of parts before plating.
- MiccroWax can be reused without loss of its efficiency.
- MiccroWax may be used in most plating cycles as long as cycle temperatures do not exceed the melting point of the wax.
- MiccroWax may be used in the following types of plating: Hard Chrome Indium Copper Acid Lead Copper Pyro Silver
- Weight per Gallon: 7.8 pounds / gallon (When melted)
- MiccroWax C-562 is available in: 10 pound cakes, 5 cakes per carton.
- MiccroWax C-562 should be held at temperatures between 175° F and 185° F to attain a maximum thickness of coating for use
in selective hard chromium plating.
- The parts to be stopped-off should be cleaned of all dirt, grease, etc.
- Immerse in MiccroWax C-562 for a few moments to raise the temperature of the part and withdraw.
- Two or three successive, fast dips will provide a heavy coating that will withstand any hard chromium cycle. The portion to be plated can be bared
with a knife and the surface cleaned with naphtha before plating.
- MiccroWax C-562 can be removed easily by peeling or placing part in boiling water to melt the coating.
MiccroWax C-562 instruction sheet:
The information supplied above is offered as a service to our customers, and does not relieve the customer from their responsibility to determine the
suitability of a particular chemical to their specific purpose. Actual product specifications may vary slightly. Please contact CDI for information prior