MiccroMask - available at CDI in Buffalo, NY
A Lacquer for Hard Chrome Applications.
MiccroMask is suitable for use in the following cycles:
- Color: Light Red
- Viscosity: 2200-2500 cps
- Coverage Rate: Approximately 280 square feet (26 m2) per gallon, 2.0 mil dry film.
- Weight per Gallon: 7.61 pounds / gallon
- Flashpoint: 45° F. TCC
- MiccroMask is available in: 1, 5, and 55 gallon containers.
- Chemically and / or mechanically clean the area of the part to be masked. The area to be masked must be free of all dirt, oil or other contaminants.
Cleaning is the most critical aspect of the masking procedure.
- Apply MiccroMask to the area to be masked by dipping, brushing, or spraying. For application by spraying, reduce
MiccroMask by approximately 50% with MiccroMask Reducer.
- Apply a minimum of two coats depending upon the type of plating/chemical solution and/or length of processing time in solution. For heavy deposits
of hard chrome, three or more coats of MiccroMask are recommended. Allow at least 30 minutes air-dry time between coats and overnight
air-dry time after application of final coat before introduction into solution. Faster drying of MiccroMask can be accomplished. by
force drying for 15 minutes in an oven not exceeding 150° F or over a hot plate not exceeding 150° F for 15 minutes. Drying time will vary
according to relative humidity. NOTE: Make sure MiccroMask has lost all solvent odor before
force drying, applying additional coats, or placing over hot plate.
- For fast, effective removal of MiccroMask, use MiccroStrip A.
MiccroMask instruction sheet:
The information supplied above is offered as a service to our customers, and does not relieve the customer from their responsibility to determine the
suitability of a particular chemical to their specific purpose. Actual product specifications may vary slightly. Please contact CDI for information prior